Try Jeremy’s dark chocolate brownie – as well as simple to make, this lip-smacking feast is decadent and an energy bomb!
- 2C chopped dates
- 200GM butter
- 1C boiling water
- 1 t baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 1C/140gms Grinder & Grain All-Purpose Gluten-Free Flour
- 1C cocoa (can use 1/2 raw cacao, 1/2 cocoa)
- 1/2 t baking powder – 2:1 cream of tartar:baking soda
- 85GM chopped dark chocolate, we use 72%
- Add dates + butter + water + baking soda to a pot and bring to boil. Turn off and leave for 30 mins. Roughly mash dates.
- Add eggs to the pot and thoroughly mix.
- Add dry ingredients and chocolate and mix well.
- Pour mixture into 20cmx30cm lined baking tray, around 2cm thick.
- Bake 160deg celcius for 20 mins or until the top has just set.
- Allow to cool.